Monday, March 03, 2014

Essays

Sara took Thom to the Wallops again this morning and I went to the Fitness Centre to use the gym and swimming pool enjoying 45 minutes in the gym and 15 minute sin the pool followed by use of the steam room and another plunge in the pool before showering and having a coffee in the lounge.   Returning home, I worked at home sending out bills and general finance matters before going to Stockbridge this afternoon to pick up Thom.  Tonight I chaired the Parish Council meeting as the Chairman was himself away in Kent and we managed to finish the meeting (which had 23 items on the agenda) well before the 10 p.m. deadline and I was pleased we had got through so much business in the time available.  Back home, Thom was in a depressed mood and the parents evening this evening at Peter Symonds had not gone well and Sara had had to "read the riot act" to him to get him to understand the importance of his studying.  I know how he must feel under pressure.  I received the marks back for my ethics essay which was a modest 55% (well above the pass mark of 40%) when I know I can do better - but as I had completed it in something of a hurray it was an excellent mark for the effort I put in.  Thom needs to know this - I am able to put an essay together very quickly - years of training at composing a closing submission for court in a short space of time - but Thom hasn't got this ability yet and he needs to pace himself better than I do.  It's a real worry for if he cannot get a university place he will be lagging behind others when it comes to looking for a job. My studies are not as critical as his and I am not sure how we can convince him as to what is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment