Monday, March 17, 2014

Across to Worthing

The beginning of a very busy week starting with taking Thom to catch his bus at The Wallops.  Quite a hectic morning as I was driving over to Worthing at lunchtime to attend the Sussex Provincial Grand Chapter convocation at the Charmandean Centre on the Brighton Road.  A number of Royal Arch Masons from my Sussex lodge and chapter were receiving honours and it was good to meet up with Peter M who was to received Grand Chapter rank in May.  He kindly arranged for me to sit behind Scribe E's table and I had a good view of all the proceedings.  There were many RAMs from provinces in the south, west and home counties but Wiltshire was, on this occasion, unrepresented officially.  I guess I represented Wiltshire "unofficially".  The meeting was considerably shorter than usual which did give me quite an opportunity to have a chat with friends and colleagues in the bar afterwards. I didn't stay for the rather over-priced dinner and drove back to Winterslow along the coast road - the traffic was exceptionally heavy in parts. Back home, I spent the rest of the evening in the study putting together the finishing touches to my Ethics portfolio which I intend to deliver to my tutor/mentor tomorrow when I see her at Old Alresford. Not quite finished by the time I went to bed but should be able to complete and print tomorrow morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment