Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Another trip to Chichester

I took Thom to the Wallops this morning as I was going to be away from Wiltshire for most of the day.  Once again the plan was for Sara and I to go to the gym this morning but Sara was really not feeling up to it so I went on my own spending about 30 minutes in the gym, showering, filling my car with fuel and returning home for coffee at around 10 a.m. I then drove over to Chichester for a meeting with a client at the Harvester at the far end of the by-pass.  Arriving promptly at 12 noon we had a three and a half hour meeting and a good lunch (chicken burger, salad and sundae).  I had intended to go into Southampton on the way back to visit Staples to purchase a new shredder (I have a huge pile of documents to shred and our existing shredder is clearly dying following its over-use and distorted jaws.  I didn't need to go into Southampton as I discovered there was a Staples almost next door to the Harvester.  There was a huge selection of shredders to choose from and eventually I purchased one which had a drawer at the front which would be a great easier to empty than the conventional one which empties at the top.  Less mess and this one, although costing quite a bit more than planned, can take 11 sheets of paper at one time and should, hopefully, speed the process along.  This evening Sara and I went to St. Paul's for the penultimate session of Exploring Christianity with some excellent cake brought in by Jeff (but baked by Lorraine!).  There was no Keith tonight and so the cake went much further.  Sara, who is actually on a sugar free diet during Lent had two slices and I resisted the second helping.  Tonight we looked at James and John and Herod - the topics of mercy and choices.  Back home tonight to write up the blog.  Emails today included my essay returned marked (56% which was a satisfactory pass mark) and a request for me to go and preach at Stratford-sub-Castle on 23rd March.  I will look forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment