Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Coffee Morning in Stratford-sub-Castle

I attended a lovely coffee morning in Stratford-sub-Castle this morning to meet some of the congregation and other residents in the home of a newly converted Christian couple.  It was an open morning at which members of St. Lawrence's congregation open their homes to anybody in the village who wants to come and meet and chat with members of the Christian community. It also gave me the opportunity for Tessa, the associate priest, to introduce me to many of the congregation to whom I shall be preaching on Sunday - on the subject of living water.  Tessa and I had an opportunity for a lovely chat about our respective callings and how our ministry has been shaped by events and both been blessed by being able to experience ministry in the St. Francis benefice. Following this visit, which lasted about an hour and a half, I drove into Salisbury and spent the afternoon at Sarum College reading up on John 4 and John 10 in preparation for Brownie's house group this evening and my sermon on Sunday.  I didn't get quite as much done as I had hoped and spent quite a bit of time in reflection. On my way to pick up Thom at the Wallops I stopped off at Parkwood Fitness and had a swim, and used the steam room and spa pool.  Very refreshing after a day of meetings and study.  I attended Brownie's house group this evening at West Dean which I facilitated (I wouldn't be so bold as to say "led") to allow Andrew the opportunity to attend a talk by the Archdeacon on praying with icons in the cathedral.  There were five us at Brownie's this evening and we had an interesting discussing about John10 and in particular the use of "sheep" throughout the bible - both Old and New Testament. Brownie is very anxious to involve the church at West Dean more with the community. They were all very pleased to see me especially as they knew I was currently working in another benefice at the moment and thought it very good of me to take time out to help them with their house group.  I really enjoyed the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment