Saturday, March 08, 2014

First Cut is the Highest

A day at home today.  The weather has suddenly turned very spring-like with warm weather and sunshine.  I took the opportunity, therefore, to mow the lawns for the first time this year - both inside lawns, front and back, which I gave a petrol-mown mid cut and almost filled the green recycling bin with grass cuttings.  After that I then cleaned my car.  Sara went into Salisbury and Wilton to take Mary to her gymnastics class and spent a few hours in the Waitrose Café writing up her journal.  Unfortunately she forgot to get cat food and so I offered to go out later to the shop at Bishopdown Farm to get the cat food whilst at the same time calling in at the Fitness Centre for a swim.  Unfortunately the Centre closes at 7.00 p.m. and I didn't arrive until 6.50 p.m. - so no time for that swim which I had promised myself all afternoon.  Southampton played Crystal Palace today at Selhurst Park - winning 0-1.  A great result which keeps them in 9th place but now only one point behind Newcastle whilst opening up an 11 point gap from the teams below.  An early night tonight.  I read some more of the book "Chasing the Dragon".

No comments:

Post a Comment