Sunday, May 16, 2010

Clarendon Juniors U13s win Play-Offs

After a very quick breakfast, I took Tom to Pembroke School Fields off the Devizes Road, Salisbury, where his team was playing against Laverstock in the Play-Off Final in the Under 13s South Wilts. Football League. The weather was rather grim as we turned up at 9.20 p.m. - heavy rain. I stayed in the car and wrote up yesterday's blog as well as studying my daily scripture readings whilst Tom and the rest of the lads warmed up for their match. I joined them for the kick off although Tom was on the substitutes' bench today and didn't get on to play until 4 minutes before the end of the game. It was a tough match with some poor refereeing but ended with Tom's team winning 2-1. A short presentation was made at the end and each player received a Runners-Up trophy. Mary and Sara went to the 9.30 a.m. Parish Eucharist and Sara told me, when I got back, that I was actually down to do the reading this morning! Fortunately somebody (Gillian) had stood in. I had completely forgotten about the Reading especially as Tom's play-off final had been a last minute fixture. This afternoon, Mary and I watched an old favourite on the TV - "The Great St. Trinian's Train Robbery". I think some of the subtler plots were lost on her but she enjoyed the steam locomotive chases at the end - as do I! I've recorded it so I can see it again and again! I remember watching it as an End of Term film at school in the 60s! This evening I did my penance for missing the reading by going to the Team Sung Evensong at All Saints, Farley. A traditional BCP service. The heavens opened again - with rain - but we had a very good sermon from Martyn Sanders on the theme of "it is not enough to simply follow Christ, you must also be his disciple i.e. you must act like him too". The day ended in the Lion's Head with us three musketeers - myself, Richard and Klynn.

No comments:

Post a Comment