Thursday, May 27, 2010

Preparations for Ireland

Another day at home today, most of which I spent in the study. I started the day with my usual devotional readings and another chapter from Seriously Funny. I made several calls to Ireland this morning to check and finalise various visits and tours for our forthcoming trip to Dublin - especially the trip to the Guinness Brewery. It was lovely to hear the Irish brogue which recalled many wonderful times over in the Emerald Isle. The calls resulted in successful arrangements - just have to hope that the the flights work out okay. I spent quite a bit of the day on Complex (my company) work and some more tidying up of the study. Quite a number of administrative tasks took up most of the rest of the day including preparation for tonight's House Group. We finished our discussions on The Shack and decided that after our four-week break (we will be going to St. John's over the next four weeks to watch the Jeff Lucas Bible Study talks from this year's Spring Harvest) we will start a fresh study of Revelation. I remember this being a very important book for me to read when I was a member of the Christian Union at Liverpool in the 70s. I have a very busy schedule again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment