Monday, May 24, 2010

Hot Monday; Crazy Golf!

Another scorching day again today. My intention had been to go to the gym early but because of a need to deal with some emails and financial matters I didn't leave the house until about 19.30 a.m. I drove to the Leisure Centre and spent about 45 minutes in the gym. It was swelteringly hot already and my temperature gauge recorded 29 degrees centigrade at one point. After my gym session and a lovely tepid shower to cool off, I walked into Salisbury city centre where I visited the bank, the library, post office and Boots. After all those errands I treated myself to a skinny latte in Cafe Nero and read a couple of articles from this month's Christianity magazine. I also visited PC World for them to give me some advice as to why Tom's laptop was not connecting to the Internet. The simple solution seemed to be that when the anti-virus software was upgrading itself the laptop may have been switched off or hibernated halfway through thus causing a corruption. When I got home I uninstalled all the anti-virus software and re-installed Norton. The result was that the problem was corrected. Sara spent the day finishing off the Parish Magazine for the printers. I also put together an itinerary for the Dublin trip and sent it off to the Russells. A few glitches arose such as the Chinese meal I had planned in Bray will have to be replaced by another venue as the restaurant is now closed on a Sunday. I am waiting for some ideas and confirmations from my colleague Kilian who lives in Co. Dublin. I ended the day with another nine holes of golf at Grateley. I wish I hadn't. The worst nine holes I think I can ever remember. If I hit the ball well it struck a tree (several times this happened); if I hit the ball high it bounced into a bunker; if I chipped the ball well it rolled across the green and finally, all my putts went past the hole. It became more and more like a round of Crazy Golf and so I just enjoyed the walk hitting the golf ball occasionally and not really thinking too much about it. I struck a few balls on the practice range to finish off and to restore my confidence that I can hit long and straight with a 5-wood! Possibly I was tired after exercising on such a hot humid day.

No comments:

Post a Comment