Saturday, May 29, 2010

Millwall win promotion

Apart from a short trip to the Wallops to fill Sara's car with petrol, I stayed at home today. It rained heavily at times confirming that this weekend is, indeed, a Bank Holiday. After such sweltering heat earlier in the week, this rain is quite unexpected and strange. I spent much of the day sorting out the paperwork for Ireland. This afternoon, Tom and I watched the League One Play-Off Final on TV between Millwall and Swindon (had it not been for the ten points Southampton had deducted at the beginning of the season I am convinced that the Saints would have been at Wembley today). Millwall managed to secure promotion to the Championship with a 1-0 win over Swindon. Tonight the Germans won the Eurovision Song Contest with the United Kingdom coming last! I watched a programme upstairs on the building of the Ming's Great Wall of China.

No comments:

Post a Comment