Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Barbecue

I worked at home today and I was glad I did as it was so hot and the study seemed the coolest place. Sara set off early for London Heathrow Terminal Five to attend a Virgin Vie Conference at a posh hotel up there leaving me with the the two children. Mary did quite a few little jobs around the house whilst Tom lounged on the settee watching the Athletics from Berlin. Mary will be rewarded with some spending money for our holiday later this year. I dealt with a number of cases trying to settle a few to avoid having to go to court later on. Unfortunately, most of the people I needed to speak to, or their client, are currently on holiday so it was all rather frustrating especially as I am not on holiday. Klynn and Susan very kindly took the children in the afternoon leaving me free to deal with some more paperwork and emails without the fear of the children getting into mischief somewhere else in the house. Tonight Klynn helped me get everything together to take down to the Rec. As I expected, our barbecue would not go in Klynn's car so he kindly offered his own for the evening. The turnout was not large but it was a glorious evening and the company was lovely. I played some cricket with Tom and James too. Sara arrived a little after 7 p.m. having had a lovely day in London where she had been entertained by a Take That tribute band (from her earlier telephone calls to me I think she thought that they were the actual band). After the barbecue I helped Klynn take his barbecue back home where we had a couple of glasses of Laphroaig whisky. A pleasant if a little frustrating day at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment