Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Lie In

I have to confess that the first half of today is pretty much an unconscious blur as, unbelievably, Sara and I didn't get up until nearly midday - missing church and all the usual Sunday activities. All the activity and early mornings coupled with several late nights this last week have obviously taken their toll and I needed the rest. In fact I did get up at around 8 a.m. this morning, made tea for us and hoisted the South Korean flag on the pole before returning to bed and doing a couple of Sudoku puzzles before reducing my "brain age" from 62 to 33 on my Brain Training programme on the DS. The weather seemed hot and I was glad to just doze off again in bed. The children made their own breakfast and spent the morning watching the TV. In the afternoon Sara went off to Tesco's at Andover with both the children and I did some paperwork and general tidying up. This evening we had a roast chicken supper and Sara baked some Bakewell tarts. All very yummy. Richard C and I went off and played 9 holes at Grateley. The relaxation of today certainly seemed to have had a positive effect on my golf as I hit four pars and a birdie to go round in only 32 - my course best for 9 holes. We also played the first two again with two bogies each. Richard was very impressed with this small course and agreed with me that it is an excellent course for bettering the medium/short game and so close and easy for us. I might take my clubs to work tomorrow with a view to knocking off the 9 holes again tomorrow evening on my way back from Dorking - see if I can build on my good score today. Richard and I ended up in the Lion's Head for a quick London's Pride before I returned home. Sara's allergy seems to be getting worse today and her rash is not disappearing. More piriton this evening. Off to Dorking again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment