Monday, August 17, 2009

A Dorking Day

Off to Dorking today. Weather and traffic both kind this morning. The office was very quiet when I got there and I set about dealing with a number of important tasks which I carefully listed in order of priority. Dear Ann and Sylvia plied me with a number of cups of tea and coffee as my secretary is still currently on holiday in Cornwall. I had lunch with my usual Dorking colleagues before returning to the office for a telephone conference. This evening I stopped off at Grateley and played 9 holes of golf shooting a 40 - not very good after yesterday's 32 - although I did get two pars which made me quite happy. Tonight I worked on my articles for the Parish Magazine and wrote the blog. Tomorrow, Tom and I are going to Swindon to see Saints play their second away game. hopefully we will see a win as Swindon haven't started off very well either. It is likely to be a tough match and the away tickets have been a sell out. We'll need to get to Swindon in good time I think tomorrow.

1 comment: