Friday, August 21, 2009

Unreality Television - The Tudors!

Well the weekend is nearly here - just one more day in the office today and then its the weekend. A journey to Dorking today and Sara woke up early with me to bake some ginger biscuits for me to take into the Dorking office as part of a Breast Cancer charity day. Everybody had to dress and pink and I wore my red England football shirt as the nearest thing I have in pink. Others brought in cakes and a bottle of Cava was raffled. The seemed to go very quickly with quite a bit of paperwork to catch up on. I briefly went into the town centre on the courtesy bus to visit the bank and query a new debit card I had received as I didn't think I was due for a new one. Apparently the date on the card and the date on their computer did not match. How much faith can you put in banks these days? Anthony had a lift back with me this evening as far as Andover where I dropped him off at the station. It is his birthday tomorrow and he had no plans to celebrate it or do anything this weekend. Sara and I have, therefore, invited him to come over on Sunday evening for a birthday barbecue and he can also come down to the Lions Head for a drink with a few of us afterwards. I will need to pick him up somewhere on Sunday as he cannot drive. After dropping him off, tonight, I met up with Richard C at Grateley and we spent a pleasant evening playing nine holes of golf. I had been on the driving range earlier and my tee shots were quite good tonight - but not my short game. We finished up in the Lion's Head where the bar area is so much bigger and seems friendlier now that the chimney breast has been removed. We had just one pint each before I went home where I watched the new series of The Tudors with its bad casting and choices of location - a mountainous Lincolnshire, for example, or the town of Pontefract consisting of one single castle and nothing else. A compulsive programme to watch if only to study the every ludicrous casting.

No comments:

Post a Comment