Thursday, August 06, 2009

Church Zero

Yet another miserable day weatherwise. Heavy rain throughout the whole day - torrential at times. I was working in Salisbury today and Sara was once more feeling ill with vertigo. She looked up Ann's diagnosis of crystals in the inner ear and concluded that she might indeed be suffering from that. I went to the bank briefly at lunchtime to pay in some of Sara's Virgin Vie money and bought a sandwich meal deal from Tesco's. I seemed to be constantly busy all day and my head was hurting before I left the office. We received notification from the Exeter Employment Tribunals that we has lost the case I did at the beginning of last month (see blogs for the 1st and 2nd July). This was not a surprise and the company received some heavy criticism from the judge. I will need to set out a report on this. I believe that this will be the first of many tribunals we could lose. Tonight we had a very small House Group - me, Dawn and Mary. Sara was upstairs in bed ill, Tom went to a meeting of the Junior Church to consider what his age group would like to have at Junior Church when the rest of the congregation is at the Sunday service. They have com e up with the idea of "Church Zero" an alternative form of worship with all the boring bits taken out. The name is derived from Coke Zero (all the bad bits taken out). I think they still need to formulate the ideas a bit. Our small House Group watched the Truman Show again. Off to Dorking tomorrow for some pretty challenging meetings with the HR Director.

No comments:

Post a Comment