Tuesday, August 04, 2009

A Journey along the Irish Coast

Woke up early again and then snoozed. I had got up in the night and watched Sue Perkins and Giles Coren living for a week as 1920's society members with some interesting meals e.g. Camembert in aspic, lobster in aspic and mock Peach Melba - tinned peaches and cement-like custard. Eventually after that programme I did manage to sleep for a few hours. At work in Salisbury today - a "bitty" day with my services being required in several directions at once. Some more challenging problems from HR again. I had lunch of pork escalopes and pasta. When I got home tonight, the children were playing on their new Wii and Sara was upstairs in bed. She has been complaining of dizziness, tiredness and feeling sick. I hope it isn't Swine 'Flu. I spoke to her briefly and spent the evening playing with the Wii and cooking them their tea - pasta (ravioli) with pesto which they both ate up hungrily. Tonight I watched the programme Coast which journeyed from The Old Head of Kinsale right up to Dublin - along the south eastern coast of Ireland I know so well stopping off at familiar places such as Kinsale, Cobh, Ardmore, Tramore, Hook Head Lighthouse, Waterford, Wexford, Wicklow and finally Bray and Dublin. It was all so familiar to me as I have driven along most of the coastline. It made me yearn for Ireland again. finished the evening doing some banking, writing letters and writing this blog. tomorrow i am off to Dorking. The BBQ at Klynn's for tomorrow night has now been cancelled. I do hope Sara is feeling better tomorrow. She hasn't stirred from her bed all evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment