Monday, August 10, 2009

Poltergeist?

It was so difficult to get up - felt quite stiff from all that exercise yesterday and my back ached and my wasp sting still stung! Went downstairs to check the Internet connection and found it was still not working. Knowing that Sara would be in "cold turkey" if I didn't repair it I simply disconnected the router from the mains supply and plugged it back in again. Amazing it worked. I reckon I could get a job on one of the IT help desks in Bangalore! That's all they ever seem to tell you to do. Why didn't I do that last night instead of trying to find a sophisticated technical solution - me a Luddite. The next crisis to hit was the loss of the garage key! Nowhere to be found. Eventually had to leave without finding it. Eventually Sara phoned me to say it was found in my beige trousers' pocket. I can't believe that as I searched those pockets first thing. We must have poltergeist or something. Apparently some tools she was working with in the kitchen disappeared at the same time and I couldn't find the bean shredder either the other day. Perhaps the same poltergeist disconnected the Internet too! Eventually arrived in Dorking at around 9.30 a.m. Anthony was shocked to see me as he assumed I was not in Dorking today. He could have saved himself a rail fare from Salisbury had he checked! I dealt with a number of pieces left over from last week and submitted some expenses from my corporate credit card. I also managed to book tickets for the Saints away game at Swindon next Tuesday. It seems that the away supporters tickets are going to be a sell-out and we could only get one of the last 250 remaining tickets for the open un-covered Stratton End seats at the County Ground. Let's just hope it doesn't rain that evening. At least they were a good deal cheaper than the Arkell Stand. We will be seated behind the goal. I must remember to pick them up at St. Mary's tomorrow night. I left the office at around 5.30 p.m. getting back home just as The Archers was finishing. Tom, Mary and I went up to Barry's Fields and played some cricket in the nets. I bet we could get ourselves selected for the Fifth Ashes Test for England - well not really. Mary enjoyed her first real experience of cricket and did some great under-arm bowling. After a light supper of pizza and mango, I wrote up this blog and also yesterday's following the loss of the Internet connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment