Wednesday, August 12, 2009

More New Beginnings

Another day in Salisbury with an early meeting with the HR Case Management Team. There was also a short presentation by the HR Director on the topic of the merger/takeover. Nothing new really - business as usual and continued cost cutting/rationalisation (known as transformation!) until a further company is targeted and taken over - then we can expect "harmonisation" and "economies of scale". Sara came in briefly to distribute ginger biscuits to her colleagues and to collect a present and some potatoes from her namesake from Lincolnshire. Many of the jobs I am anxious to do rely upon clear instructions from clients who are on holiday - so quite a bit frustrating. I therefore spent a good deal of the day "rationalising" my emails and "transforming" my mailbox. Arrived home on time this evening after stopping off to fill my car with fuel and air - the nearside front tyre recently fitted by Kwikfit (see previous blog) seems to be leaking air - I'll need to keep a close eye on it. After a quick supper of stir-fry pork and Thai sauce with noodles I went back into Salisbury to meet John and our new proposed candidate, Lee, who is wanting to join the Lodge. We met at the Lodge room where we showed him around the building and he saw some of the objects we use in our ceremonies. Afterwards we went to the New Inn where I had gone for Jane's farewell drinks. We spent an interesting hour in that pub talking about Lee's interesting job in the security business. Ann from our office was serving behind the bar and it made for a really friendly and homely environment. On the way home my car gave out a warning light about low pressure in the tyres so i really will have to look at that tyre again. It didn't seem to have gone down but tomorrow morning should tell me if there is a problem. I have an early meeting in Dorking to discuss performance management agreements - what joy! There should be a good display of Perseids tonight but it has clouded over heavily and the night is much cooler than yesterday.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment