Thursday, August 20, 2009

A day without wine is like a day without sunshine (Anon)

Woke this morning with a splitting headache - my neck still hurts and I am sure that I am suffering from some form of whiplash from the dreaded backward roller coaster at Thorpe Park. I don't suppose Klynn's whisky last night helped my head either. It was drizzling rain when I looked out and the cars were covered in rain. I drove into the Salisbury office and once again managed to get the last remaining car parking space. I had two meetings today both of them reasonably light and I worked hard at getting my Performance Management Agreement in a form I could present next week and also drafted a couple of settlement agreements. I had the usual curry for Thursday lunch and walked it off with a quick saunter into town. I stopped off especially at Tesco's tonight to buy some roses and carnations for Sara who hasn't been feeling too good lately. Once home I mowed the bank and extended my lawn cutting to include some of the bank belonging to our neighbours - at least it makes ours look neat that way. Big arguments between the kids tonight - summer holidays are far too long - and after a busy day in the office this is the last thing I need. I am getting really stressed out by them and just lately seem to be living in an unremitting world of stress - home, family and job. Sara and I watched an Alan Rickman film - Bottle Shock, about how an English wine connoisseur living in France challenged the Californian vinters to a blind tasting contest against the finest French wines near Paris. The Californians won of course! A great film which reminded me of my trip to the Napa Valley in 1989 and all the wine tasting I did there. Also today, the England cricket team have been making heavy weather of their first innings at The Oval today ending with 307 for 8. They are making it difficult for themselves to take the Ashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment