Tuesday, August 25, 2009

An Indian Lunch

Woke up rather late again this morning - 7.35 a.m. but no worries as I was only commuting into Salisbury today and even though I didn't get into the office until 8.30 a.m. there were still plenty of car parking spaces left. The HR Department was almost deserted and I had plenty of desks to choose from to work at. As it is, being a creature of habit, I guess, I sat at Tricia's former desk. Somehow I don't feel right sitting where Sara used to be. It's still her desk to me. Having decided to have a break this weekend before the summer holidays formally end next week, I rang Mum and arranged to go up to Grimsby on Friday night after my Wiltshire Masters' Lodge meeting in Swindon. It will mean arriving at around midnight, even with me not stopping for the dinner after the meeting, but at least I'll be in Grimsby on Saturday morning and will not have to rush up on Saturday morning. I also bought a ticket for the Grimsby Town v. Aldershot League 2 match at Blundell Park (BP) on Saturday afternoon. I'll need to pick it up at BP on Saturday morning from the Mariner's shop. At lunchtime I joined some of the chosen Claims Team at Anokaa's, the upmarket Indian restaurant in Fisherton Street, for a wonderful lunchtime buffet meal to celebrate Susan's impending wedding. The buffet starter was exceptionally good. It was followed by a mild chicken curry and rice and fresh fruit salad - mangoes, melon and pineapple. Tonight Tom and I went to St. Mary's Stadium to watch the second round clash between Southampton and Birmingham City. Saints played brilliantly and scored first but, unfortunately, let two in to lose 1-2. If Saints could continue to play so well in their league games they could really take the division by storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment