Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Spinning Plates

I didn't wake properly this morning until around 8.10 a.m. - very late for me when I am working in Salisbury as I cannot be sure of getting a car parking space if I arrive after 8.00 a.m. As it was I didn't get into the office until 9.15 a.m. and much to my amazement there was one single parking space left which I quickly took. I had a wealth of matters to deal with today - all seeming to be time critical and needing my urgent attention with emails and telephone messages coming at me from all sides. Not for the first time recently did I feel like that performer at the circus who has to keep all the plates spinning and not let any fall off the stick whilst at the same time adding more. It really did feel like that and it was not helped by the fact that I had a pain in the neck from yesterday and a resulting headache. I had lunch with Derek E (liver and bacon with beautiful mash) and slipped out to get Klynn a birthday present - a boxed set of World War II videos - and to the bank. This evening, Tom and I went to Swindon to watch the Saints lose 1-0 to Swindon Town at the County Ground along with another 2,998 Saints supporters. It was a truly awful football match lacking any lustre or inspiration. Saints have now played 3 league matches and dented their 10 points penalty by just one point from a possible 9. In my view, if they are not in positive points by the end of September they are staring League 2 football next season firmly in the face. The evening wasn't made any better by learning that Grimsby Town lost 1-2 at home to Rotherham tonight. They have no points at all from their three matches. This means that if Saints go down to League 2, Grimsby Town may not be there to welcome them next season! The one good thing was that we parked a short distance from the ground and we were able to get away fairly quickly arriving back home at 11 p.m. Tomorrow is going to be a tough day. I am working at home so that Sara can go to London. Klynn is going to take the kids in the afternoon and then we are hosting a Food For Thought Barbecue on the Rec at 6.30 p.m. As Sara will not be back until about that time it looks like Klynn and I will have to get everything arranged. Time for bed I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment