Wednesday, August 05, 2009

The Wii Hours

Another night when I found it hard to get to bed. Had watched "Young, Dumb and Living off Mum" before finally going up to bed. I seem to watch a lot of strange "reality" programmes in the early hours of the morning these days. Sara didn't wake this morning - she has now slept through for nearly 14 hours. I left home at 8.00 a.m. the children already up playing with the Wii - probably since 6 a.m. or before. I had a clear run into work arriving at 9.20 a.m. I had already dealt with one query on my car telephone before I arrived. I had quite a bit of paperwork to catch up on with my P.A., Karen. I seemed to be on some perpetual motion machine as one piece of work led me in one direction and before I could even draw breath another whacked me off in another. The phone didn't seem to stop ringing or emails pinging! Anthony informed me that he didn't need a lift tonight but would still like one on Friday. I managed to join Anthony and David and Michael or lunch rather belatedly and was reminded by David that his mother and sister live in Lanzarote - indeed I discovered that they live in the same village as our holiday resort. He was able to confirm that restaurants would be open on Christmas Day to serve traditional English fayre as there was a large English community at Costa Teguise where we are staying as well as a church his mother regularly attends it; there is also a water theme park for the children. He also strongly advised hiring a car as there was precious little other ways of getting around the island which he estimated to be 50 miles long and 20 miles wide - bigger than the Isle of Wight and twice the size of New Providence. It is quite breezy he said and the water is cold in December. However plenty to see and do with the volcanoes and vulcanicity on the island. My meeting in Dorking (one of the main reasons for driving up to Surrey today) was cancelled but the visit did afford me the opportunity of catching up with Karen and colleagues. On my way home (via the A31 and Winchester to break up the monotony of the M3) I was engaged in a long telephone conference about our outsourcing project. Yet more changes discussed. I was quite tired by the time I got home. Sara had taken the bus into Salisbury and bought a second handset for the Wii to make it easier for the children to play against each other. She had also seen the pharmacist about her vertigo. Ann in our office confidently diagnosed Sara's illness as "having crystals in her ears". Not sure what she meant but will google "ears", "crystals" and "vertigo" and see what I get. Played some golf on the Wii tonight (had hoped to get on the driving range but thought I'd better get back home). Pleased that my real golf is better! So tired again. Hopefully I'll get an early night and sleep well. It does seem so hot this evening. Sara has ordered an Ashes Wii game for me. I lok forward to that but I also look forward to tomorrow when the Fourth Ashes Test starts for real at Headingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment