Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wet BBQ/Death of Senator Teddy Kennedy

A wet miserable day today. At least I was working in Salisbury again and therefore no long commute in the rain. I was hopeful of settling a case today to avoid having to go down to Devon (Exeter) tomorrow but despite all our efforts it seems that I am going to have to get down to Exeter for 9 a.m. tomorrow - so an early start in the morning - probably need to get up at 5.30 a.m. It was announced this morning that Senator Teddy Kennedy had died overnight, aged 77. He had been suffering from a brain tumor. He was the last of the four brothers and the only one not to have died a violent death. Tonight, Jeremy and Sue hosted the Food for Thought BBQ and because of the rain the food was cooked in the garage and eaten in their large kitchen. The children, however, braved the weather and went swimming in their pool despite the rain. I stayed from 7.00 p.m. until 9.00 p.m. as I wanted to get back, write this blog, sort out my papers for the morning and get an early night. Because I have not been sleeping too well (or rather finding it hard to get to sleep) I have tended to oversleep in the morning so need to try and have a relatively early night tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment