Sunday, November 07, 2010

Back in the UK

Having arrived at London Heathrow early from our American Airlines flight we picked up the car at around 9.30 a.m. and were on our way home - stopping for fuel near the airport and a quick shop at Tesco's in Andover for some essential groceries. We were absolutely exhausted when we got home - the driving had been fine but I had to get used to being on the left hand side of the road again! We actually went straight to bed for an afternoon nap - no red font please note - waking for a light dinner of pizza and to watch a couple of programmes on the TV. To my horror I discovered that I couldn't remember where I had put my ticket for the Jeff Lucas evening tomorrow and got up in the middle of the night and spent two hours turning the study inside out in the hope of finding it. I also realised that I didn't know where the tickets for Wednesday's nights performance of Calendar Girls are (we have booked expensive seats for the Mayflower Theatre in Southampton. The tickets were not where I thought I had left them and I can only assume that I placed them somewhere secure before we left for the States - so secure that I can't remember! Tomorrow I will need to ring the venues for both the Jeff Lucas Evening and Calendar Girls tomorrow. I am sure that they can provide duplicate tickets if I ask. How embarrassing that the group leader for Jeff Lucas has lost his own ticket!

No comments:

Post a Comment