Friday, November 12, 2010

Reaching for the Sky

Another very wet miserable day. Mary did go to school today although she is still grieving over Harriet. Sara was working in the Lord Nelson this lunchtime and I drove up to Marlborough to see my old Uni friend, Dave, for lunch in the Sun Inn and to discuss his matrimonial problems. He really needed some confirmatory advice rather than any legal input. The journey was very slow due to road works, slow vehicles and the weather and parking in Marlborough was an absolute nightmare. I chose to park in the Waitrose car park as usual after finding any closer parking spaces did not exist. We chatted for about an hour and a half and ate fish and chips. Back home Sara had prepared a nice coffin for Harriet made from a plastic box and placed a picture (the one on yesterday’s blog and some flowers in it. We will bury Harriet tomorrow. Tonight I took Tom to football training at Sarum High School and on the way nearly filled my diesel car with petrol (I have been filling cars with petrol over the last few weeks and nearly forgot that my car runs on diesel). Fortunately, only 6p worth of petrol got into the tank and mixed with $ 50 worth of diesel shouldn’t do any damage. I picked Mary up from Youth Club (Tom didn’t to got to his) and she and I watched Reach for the Sky, the film about Douglas Bader’s life, on the the TV. She was enthralled with the story. This was the first film I ever remember seeing at the cinema as a child. Tonight Sara was out again doing a Vie party and didn’t get home until 11.15 p.m. We watched a couple of documentaries on TV before going to bed quite late. Up early tomorrow as Tom has a football match at South Wonston.

No comments:

Post a Comment