Tuesday, November 23, 2010

South (ampton) Pole

Another quiet day at home today. Not much to report. I had good intentions of going out for a long walk today but just didn't seem to get around to it. I picked Mary up from school and we watched two more episodes of Shackleton before Tom and I left for Southampton to watch the Saints in their big clash against top of the table Brighton. Both Tom and I bought new fur-trapper hats from the MegaStore and I felt like I should be with Shackleton on the ice! I think I probably look a bit like a wally but Tom looked fine in his (see picture). The game was disappointing with a 0-0 scoreline. Brighton clearly came for a draw and closed the game down all the time making it difficult for us to score. They were awarded a very dubious penalty in the second half which our goalkeeper, Kelvin Davis, managed to block and save the point. Still. Brighton were held to a draw which was good and Saints only dropped one place in the table (out of the play-off region admittedly) and are still very much in the fight at the top. Back home, I enjoyed a nice glass of wine and finished watching the Shackleton series with Sara. I was also delighted that despite having the wine and fishcake and chips for supper, I ended the day 6 points below my daily Weight Watchers budget. I still have about 30 "naughty points I can use too before Thursday morning. I am wondering, however, how you can lose weight with all these points.

No comments:

Post a Comment