Thursday, November 25, 2010

Fat Fighters - A Good Start







Woke up early and made tea but decided to leave breakfast until later as Sara and I were to attend Fat Fighters (Weight Watchers) this morning at Stockbridge. After seeing the kids off to school and Sara having spent some time on the parish magazine (apparently there was a mini crisis over the number of pages) we set off in Sara's car for the great weigh-in. I was convinced that I could not have lost much weight but was delighted to find that I was the star "pupil" today having lost four and a half pounds in seven days! Sara had lost three and a half pounds. I learned afterwards that Sara had eaten a couple of chocolate bars during the week but my surprise came as I have been having the odd glass of wine at night and had a couple of pints of beer at the pub at the weekend, although I have been eating a lot of fruit instead of crisp-type snacks when feeling peckish and my bread intake has gone right down. It does show that Weight Watcher's new ProPoints really works - so I was feeling rather good about myself as we drove back. I treated myself to a brunch of scrambled egg (a lovely large fresh egg picked up today from Morning Star, two rashers of bacon, crusty roll and grilled mushrooms. This was followed by a late lunch of mulligatawny soup. This afternoon I joined Richard for his dog-walk with Hugo. We walked to the bottom of Witt Road and then along the edge of Bentley Wood finally come around in a big circle past the barns on the top of "our" hill. A total of 3.02 miles in an hour and a half - that gave me an extra five ProPoints to use up today - some wine later tonight! We had a good house group session - seven of us - and we discussed life's priorities - God's v Ours. A very thought provoking discussion. I ended the day by watching a programme on the JFK Assassination and Lyndon Johnson's perspective on that fateful day. Although only ten at the time, I still remember that awful evening (as it was in the UK). The first Ashes test match began yesterday and England were all out for 260 after 76 overs. Not a very good start. It remains to be seen how good the Australian batsmen are tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment