Sunday, November 21, 2010

Harry Potter - The Penultimate Film

I was the first to get up this morning and the only one to go to church today. I was giving the reading at All Saints this morning so need to ensure I got to church at a reasonable time. The service was a a Parish Eucharist with a good sermon by Nils (but too short in my opinion) and some rather drab hymns. I left immediately after taking communion as I wanted to hear Kieran Dunne speak at CityChurch in Salisbury. I arrived about 20 minutes after the service there had started and the car park at South Wilts was already brimming with cars. I had to park on the road. The speaker hadn't started and I was welcomed by one of the congregation who gave me a "pack" about their church and made me feel very welcome. The speaker was engaging and humorous talking about "Contentment" in the Christian context. I stayed behind for a coffee and filled my pockets with satsumas which had been graciously donated by Dave and Bev of Morning Star. Back home Sara had cooked a really enjoyable roast chicken lunch and the children had spent the morning tidying their rooms and cleaning Sara's car. Before lunch I gave my own car a bit of a "de-griming". This afternoon we all drove into Southampton to see the new Harry Potter film at CineWorld in Ocean Village. A very dark film indeed with some very complicated plots. Not having read any of the books I didn't find it all that easy to follow but the special effects were magnificent. According to the press this film has netted over £61 million since it was released on Friday! We all now look forward to the concluding film which is due out in the Summer of 2011. Can't help but see Nils in the Harry Potter character! See picture above.

No comments:

Post a Comment