Saturday, November 13, 2010

Gathering Blackberries or not!

Up early this morning as I had to meet up with the other members of Tom's football team at the Hill Top Grill car park and we had to drive in convoy (me leading by with my SatNav) to a field in South Wonston near Winchester. At first my SatNav led us into the middle of a housing estate - the residents gently smiling at us as though this was quite a common occurrence. Tom didn't play in the first half but played the whole of the second. His team were 2-0 up at half time and ended the game winning 3-1. Afterwards it was a quick dash home and Tom stayed whilst Sara, Mary and I went into Salisbury. Sara dropped Mary off at her ballet school and parked in Waitrose. Sara and I walked into the city centre and after doing some banking at the Halifax went into Vodaphone to upgrade her phone for a BlackBerry. There was a massive queue which wasn't helped by the farmer in front of me wanting to know why a Blackberry Torch didn't have a torch fixed to it as this would be good for getting in the cows at night! I really didn't know whether he was joking or being serious - I think serious. In the end he went off to "T-Mobile". I hoped my request would be much easier - not at all! After having established that Sara could have a Blackberry Curve at no cost and an improved contract tariff and assuring me that my letter of authority from Complex services was in order and one and a half hours since I entered the shop, the assistant finally told me that I needed another piece of company identification - this despite the fact that his manager, who had already acknowledged me in the shop, had sold me my own Blackberry only a few months ago! Eventually, I had to leave the shop and walk back to Waitrose empty-handed. A real wasted trip into town. To cap it all, when I did get back home it was to find that Saints had lost at Carlisle 3-2. Fortunately Grimsby did win 3-0 in their away match at Hayes. Tonight we watched several episodes of The Good Life and a documentary on the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. Another late night.

No comments:

Post a Comment