Sunday, November 28, 2010

Praise Sunday




The cold still air continues today leaving us with sub-zero temperatures. This morning we had a praise service conducted by Linda and Jane with me giving the New Testament reading and Sara leading the Junior Church. We had received a number of letters from a junior church in a village in Uganda who wanted to exchange correspondence with our junior members and Sara organised the writing of cards to them by our young members. We also took the Ugandan flag into church to show the congregation. Being the First Sunday in Advent, the topic was "waiting and being ready". An excellent service. Such a pity that more members of the PCC and older members of the congregation don't attend these services. They are really thought-provoking and I certainly learn much from them. We had a roast chicken lunch today and I spent the afternoon writing up questions for the pub quiz and drafting the Christmas newsletter to go out with our Christmas cards. My intention is to start getting the cards out next week - especially those destined for overseas. That is always such a major task at this time of the year. I also spoke to Mum who had had a very pleasant day yesterday on her coach trip to Harrogate. Apparently there is quite a bit of snow up in Yorkshire and Lincolnshire at present which I hope will go before I drive up there in ten days' time. I did ring her on her mobile yesterday to see how things were up there but she didn't answer it thinking it was some music being played by the coach driver and not her mobile ringing in her bag! Apparently my niece had changed the ring tone to some pop music. Tonight I met up with Richard and James to put together the pub quiz. We are almost there, just needing to complete two final rounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment