Monday, November 15, 2010

Dentists and Dogs

A cold damp start today although the sun did shine later giving a crisp bright day. I was up early as I had a dental appointment at 8.30 a.m. to have my top front teeth "shaved" and prepared for the fitting of veneers to bring them all in line. It was an uncomfortable process which lasted nearly an hour (without anaesthetic) but the most painful part of it was paying for half the cost of the total treatment at the end! No wonder dentists are so wealthy! I will be going back in two week's time (1st December) to have my new teeth fitted. I need to be careful not to eat anything hard or crusty or with an extreme temperature e.g. cold ice cream or chilled wine or boiling hot coffee as the teeth are very sensitive at the moment. Both Sara and I were at home for most of the rest of the day. I received two new sets of instructions for Complex - one entailing a meeting in Salisbury on Wednesday and the other quite a bit of reading. At lunchtime I took Ben out for his walk - Witt Road and around the fields into Bentley Wood and back. The light in the woods was fantastic - I really do enjoy these walks and having the dog makes them even more interesting. John H called around this afternoon with some more lodge paperwork for me to deal with. He stayed about twenty minutes. I was glad he did as he was able to confirm that the minutes and summonses can be sent out to all but 4 people by email which makes life much easier and saves the lodge a considerable amount of money in postage. Sara and Mary went into Salisbury to buy Mary a new mobile phone - one which will work at home using our SureSignal box. She was delighted with it but unfortunately managed to lock out her pin number making the phone inoperative. Sara will need to go into Salisbury tomorrow to get Vodaphone to unlock it! I spoke briefly to Mum on the phone. She seems reasonably well. She has had a new 32-inch flat screen TV installed so is well pleased with that. She still has her aches and pains. She has not mentioned Christmas again so I expect she will be staying in Grimsby or going to my sister's in York.




No comments:

Post a Comment