Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Winter Blues - Staying Indoors

A very cold day today indeed with snow forecast tonight for the north of England with some likelihood of sleet and/or a heavy frost down here. It certainly seemed cold today and I decided not to venture out unless absolutely necessary. I did take Mary to school and called in on the shop for bread rolls and a Times on my way home. Sara was being taken by Morning Star this morning to the United Reform Church in Fisherton Street, Salisbury to undertake some manicures on homeless women. She was picked up at 9.30 a.m. and returned at around 1 p.m. We had a light lunch of mulligatawny soup and shared a bread roll. I spent a good part of the morning tidying and clearing the front of the house, moving the existing logs ready for the new lot to arrive at the weekend. I also started the laborious task of cleaning up the leaves from the tree in the front. There are a lot more to come down and so I will wait for the tree to shed all its load and have a massive clear up. I also dealt with some masonic correspondence and sent the publisher's proofs of his latest book to David Kaye for his approval before giving the go-ahead to the publishers to proceed to publish. I also began writing up the questions for the pub quiz on the 12th December. Tonight Sara went to Lymington to conduct a Vie party and Mary and I sat in a warm room with a log fire to watch Scott of the Antarctic which she found enthralling - especially as she could now relate the story to what she had learned at home and at school about Shackleton. Certainly it seems a fitting programme with the sub-zero temperature outside. Tomorrow its a trip to "Fat Fighters" to see if I have lost any weight. I seem to be eating quite well and enjoyed a small bottle of wine again tonight. I really can't decide in my mind whether I have lost any weight or not. All will be revealed tomorrow I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment