Thursday, November 18, 2010

"Fat Fighters"

Up early this morning as Sara reminded me that we were going to the Grosvenor Hotel in Stockbridge this morning to register with Weight Watchers - Fat Fighters as I call them after the famous series of sketches in Little Britain! Every since seeing those I have had a bad impression of these weight loss organisations and cannot think of them without thing of the dreadful Marjorie Dawes and her obnoxious ways of dealing with her overweight clients. So it was with a mixture of humour and apprehension that I accompanied Sara - as much to help her as myself (at least that is what I am saying!). In fact it was all quite a positive experience and the lady running it, Karen, was not rude at all - very positive in fact. We both signed up and got our starter packs and a couple of gadgets to help us keep a record of the food we are consuming. I discovered that my morning breakfast had already cost me nearly a third of my daily allowance but I was pleased to find that fruit and vegetables had no points and that I could earn extra points by doing light exercise - thank you Ben; walking you will mean I can have an extra pint of beer on those days. Must make a note to walk Ben when I want to go to the pub! In fact, this afternoon, I went for a two and a half miles walk (without a dog) - Weston Lane down to the Baptist Church - across the field to the Rectory and back home via the school. If I can do a similar walk each day I can earn an extra 4 points! In fact, I am quite excited with the idea. Sara discovered, after eating it, that one mackerel fillet cost her one half of her total daily allowance without any walking to earn extra points. Tonight we continued our exploration of the Sermon on the Mount in House Group. A good turnout - seven of us tonight in front of a nice roaring log fire. The fire is the one consolation of these cold, damp and dark nights. Early to bed as I have a business breakfast meeting tomorrow at 7.30 a.m. in Salisbury followed by a lunch with an old colleague. Not a good time to start the fat fighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment