Monday, November 29, 2010

Cold Dog

This morning it can only be described as bitter-cold. This November is being recorded as the coldest on record - even I am feeling the cold at the moment - so dark and cold in the mornings. I made tea and then promptly returned to bed where I read my devotionals and wrote up yesterday's blog. At lunchtime today I had a meeting with a large firm of solicitors in Salisbury to discuss a possible referral arrangement between them and my company. The meeting was successful in that, in principle, we can do a deal but it will require further discussions with their employment partner. Early days but I am optimistic. Sara had agreed to Ben-walk today but came back early because she couldn't find the key to let the poor dog out! In the end, we walked him together as I knew where to find the key. We did an hour's walk up on the top of Barry's Fields to the Barns and down into Witt Road - just under two miles (1.8) for him and over two for us (2.2). I had a telephone conference with a client in Manchester this afternoon and now have quite a bit of paperwork to study which he has sent me tonight by email. I managed to post off all the long-distance overseas Christmas cards this afternoon leaving Sara to send off three further ones to her relatives in the USA, Thailand and Hong Kong. Tonight I attended a lodge rehearsal for Wednesday evening's meeting. Another cold night beckons with possible snow. I hope not as I am due to go up to Birmingham tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment