Friday, November 26, 2010

Lunch at the White Hart

A cold day again today. Had quite a bit of mail to deal with before going into Salisbury at lunchtime to attend the Morning Star Christmas Lunch at the White Hart Hotel. Sara went to Morning Star this morning to give a manicure/makeover to Bev and Sharon for the lunch. I enjoyed a really good meal of smoked salmon, roast lamb and vegetables and bread and butter pudding. Unfortunately, the meal was so nice that I had to use some of my "naughty points" for the day. After the meal I met a client in the bar of the hotel to discuss his employment issues. Tonight I took Tom up to Sarum Academy for his football training. Just as we turned into the Academy driveway it started snowing heavily and when I drove back down the hill to fill the car with fuel, the snow was quite intense and was settling on the cars but not, fortunately the road. After football training, Tom and I went up to Barry's Fields to pick up Mary from Youth Club. Sara is out again tonight on Vie business - this time in Lordswood, Southampton. Mary, Tom and I watched Planet of the Apes (the Helena Bonham-Carter version) this evening and then an episode of On the Buses. I warned Sara about the snow but, apparently, it wasn't snowing to the east of us and therefore the roads around Southampton were clear. After Sara had gone to bed I watched some of the second day's play in the Ashes Test Match in Brisbane on SkySports. It isn't looking too good for England at the moment with Australia piling on the runs in their first innings.

No comments:

Post a Comment