Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Corr! (Vette)

Another day in and around Youngsville. We ate omelettes for breakfast and after posing for photographs behind the wheel of David's Corvette sports car (Tom and I also went for a short spin in it too) went off towards Raleigh to re-visit the Triangle Town Shopping Mall and take the kids ice-skating. The ice rink consisted of two very large skating rinks (on a par with the ice rink at Basingstoke) but almost totally deserted as the children are all in school. Mary and Tom didn't spend very long on the ice as it was so cold inside the rink. I borrowed Tom's hired skates and went round about three times but didn't feel all that condiment as I was not wearing my own skates and the ice seemed much "stickier" than at home. We had lunch at a Deli where I had an excellent "pastrami on rye" sandwich washed down with original bottled root beer. We met up with the girls at Barnes & Noble's bookstore where David bought himself a Nook (electronic book reader) and Tom bought (or more correctly I bought Tom) Erich Von Daniken's latest book Twilight of the Gods about the ending of the Maya calendar in 2012 and the influence of extra-terrestrials on our culture. We then went across the road to Best Buy where I bought an HP Netbook which will save me lugging around my laptop in future when travelling. I will need to load some software on it including Microsoft Word. Tonight a couple of David and Andrea's neighbours came over and we grazed on fried shrimp and oysters washed down with plenty of bourbon! We watched the early election results coming from the Mid-Term Elections which indicate that the Democrats are going to lose the House of Representatives - a clear indication to President Obama that he is not a popular president.

No comments:

Post a Comment