Friday, November 19, 2010

A Day in Salisbury - Points Adrift!

First fully day of the "Fat Fighter's" diet today - and not a very good start I'm afraid. I was up early this morning to attend the fortnightly Ambassadors' Breakfast Club meeting at the Grasmere Hotel - but I was careful having only one sausage, one rasher of bacon, one egg, mushrooms and tomatoes. No bread or toast. Our speaker was Karen who was talking about energy healing. After the meeting I placed my car in the Britford Park & ride and took the bus into the city centre where I spent an hour in MacDonald's (one cup of filter coffee!) on my netbook writing up my blog and attending to some emails. That was followed by as visit to the bank and library (where I bought a "Big Issue" from Garth) and spent some time reading. At 12 noon I met Anthony, my old colleague from work, at Anokaa's Indian restaurant where we chatted for a couple of hours over an Indian Buffet (that's where my points went astray!). We finished off with having a coffee in Costa Coffee where I showed him my American photos on the netbook. It was also good to get all the gossip from my former employment and which made me feel how lucky I had been to get out when I did! Tonight I went back into Salisbury to take Tom for his football training at Sarum Academy. Returning home I was feeling really hungry but apart from a few peanuts and fruit desisted having anything further to eat. I went to bed reasonably early to read my book on the USS Laffey.

No comments:

Post a Comment