Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fresh Beginnings

Up early today - another wet and miserable day. Sara attended Morning Star this morning and was out for most of the morning leaving me to tidy up and spend the morning on my own writing letters and dealing with masonic business. This afternoon I went into Salisbury to meet up with a client at the White Hart Hotel where we spent about two hours over tea discussing his employment position with me listening and providing him with some general guidance. Clearly employment will be taking on a fresh beginning for him soon. Afterwards I went to Staples to buy some stationery items - principally a new wastepaper bin - for the business. Tonight I joined the Food for Thought Planning Group at the Team Office where, over a glass of wine (yes we Christians do like our wine!) we discussed the future of Food for Thought concluding that its principal purpose, at the present time, is to provide an alternative church for those (especially with young children) who find it difficult to come along to the main 9.30 a.m. service on Sunday - either because of other activities e.g. rugby or because they prefer a more relaxed style. I was pleased with the outcome and have agreed to lead the worship at the next event in December. Whilst outreach is important, I didn't believe that FFT was being particularly successful here and I believe that outreach will follow if we ensure that the FFT appeals to people who can themselves outreach because of their own connections. Another fresh beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment