Monday, May 30, 2011

Across the Pennines to Grimsby

Woke quite early this morning, again. Once again it was raining. I made myself a cup of tea and wrote up my blog for yesterday. Malcolm was still asleep as I gathered together all my things to put in the car ready for my journey across the Pennines to Grimsby. When Malcolm did eventually wake he cooked me a full English breakfast – sausages, bacon and egg and coffee. I left Malcolm, and Liverpool, at about 10.20 a.m. and had an uneventful, although wet, drive along the M62 across England to Lincolnshire. I arrived at Morrison’s Supermarket in Grimsby at 12.45 p.m. where I bought some newspapers, some rose for Mum and a small amount of shopping. I phoned Mum who said that she was in a bad way – in great pain and unable to think straight. When I got to her house, she had been crying and was clearly in an uncomfortable state. I made us tea and she did cheer up. She had some soup and I had a couple of haslet rolls. We watched TV this afternoon and evening and I brought us in some fish and chips from Marklew’s. I managed to read a few chapters of Steve Chalke’s book Change Agents this afternoon and evening. I went to bed at around 11.15 p.m. and wrote this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment