Tuesday, May 03, 2011

An afternoon in Brighton

I didn't sleep all that well last night and was up in the middle of the night watching a programme about Himmler! I think my insomnia is coupled with my anxiety about the amount of tasks I seem to have outstanding and I was panicking a bit about whether I could (and really wanted to) do the lay ministry training. Sara reminded me that it was a calling which I mustn't ignore. I guess I am somewhat tired and as I go into self-analysis mode I keep questioning my abilities and purpose in life. In the past my career has been mapped out for me by my employer. Now I have so many free choices. Deep down I know what I must do - stick with the plan given to me. The holiday season is now finally over and today saw a return to routine - or so I thought. A very busy day indeed. Sara and I woke early and after a quick cup of tea I went down into the study to deal with emails and other paperwork. The children were back to school and the morning passed very quickly. Linda called around with the flyers for Food for Thought which Sara had finished. At lunchtime Sara went off to her LPA Commissioning Service rehearsal at West Dean and I drove over to Hove (via Rustington where I did some banking) for a meeting with one of my clients to discuss matters connected with his mother's estate. I also dropped some papers off at my old house for Laura (my ex-wife). This evening I attended my Preston Park Royal Arch Chapter in Brighton which was very poorly attended. Such a pity. I arrived early and went for a walk to the station where I had a coffee in a little cafe across the road. At tonight's meeting I was inducted as the Second Principal (an office I have held twice before) and this was followed by an interesting Question and Answer session. Dinner tonight comprised an Italian salad, fish and chips and ice cream (I refused the apple pie). Got back to Winterslow at 11 p.m. I am almost certain to regret eating such a meal when I attend Weight Watchers on Thursday. I definitely know it will not be good news this week. Worked on this blog and dealt with more emails until quite late (Sara already in bed).

No comments:

Post a Comment