Thursday, May 19, 2011

Back in the Gym

Another bad day at Fat Fighters!  Put on another half an pound!  Now seem to be on a roundabout or see-saw - losing half a pound, putting on half a pound in alternate weeks.No major progress in my weight loss over the last four weeks.  Whereas at the beginning I was regularly losing 3 and 4 pounds a week now I seem to be stagnating - but at least it is not going up significantly.  After returning from Stockbridge, I had a two-hour meeting with Nils, our Rector, to go through the interview questions for my Licensed Ministry Selection Conference.  Again he was reassuring.  I need to continue my exploration of self-awareness and prayer.  After our meeting I went into Salisbury to do some banking and spent an hour in the gym to try an kick-start my further weight loss.  The scales in the Leisure Centre showed that I weighed two pounds less than those at Fat Fighters.  I was encouraged by this until I spotted that they also recorded a height loss of one and a half inches too!  Still, by comparison with the last time I used them in February I had, at least, lost exactly a stone in weight.  Nothing to despair over.  Tonight we held our usual bible study group - this time with a DVD of Gerard Kelly preaching at Spring Harvest.  Ironically, many of the issues which I had discussed with Nils earlier today (about worship on our everyday life) were discussed in the DVD.  God never ceases to surprise me in the way things always end up seeming to gel together even when we think, at the time, they are not.  Up early tomorrow to go to London.

No comments:

Post a Comment