Wednesday, May 04, 2011

A Really Busy Day - The LWL Course starts at Sarum College

A very busy day indeed today with back-to-back meetings. The day started with Sara being up and early to listen to herself giving an interview on spire FM Radio about the Calendar. This was repeated with different sound bites throughout the morning. I left home early to drive over to Whaddon for Morning Prayer and breakfast with the clergy followed by Mid-Week Eucharist at St. Mary's Hall, Whaddon. Back home after my weekly devotions, I set about dealing with an Employment Tribunal matter in Manchester to ensure that an application on behalf of a friend/client was submitted on time. After a quick lunch of prawn salad, I then walked up Gunville Hill to Richard's to attend a meeting of the Parish's Standing Committee. The meeting went on much longer than I anticipated but I was advised that the Deanery had approved a book grant for me for my studies to be a Licensed Minister should I get through the Selection Conference next month. I was very touched by that. Back home, I had a brief hour to get all the paperwork ready for the Sarum Lodge meeting in Salisbury at 6.30 pm. which I was attending this evening but not staying for the dinner and entertainment (a magician/illusionist). I managed to get to the lodge meeting with only 10 minutes to spare and then had to rush off to Sarum Theological College to attend the first of ten training sessions to to commissioned as a Lay Worship Leader (LWL). There are eighteen of us on this pilot course including Richard and Sophie and eight others from the Clarendon Team. I found the session most interesting and look forward to the remaining nine. We started off tonight by looking into what worship is and the different forms it takes with a couple of exercises and some "homework" to do. It really is a good taster for when study begins in earnest in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment