Sunday, May 15, 2011

Visits to West Grimstead and West Tytherley

This morning I went to West Grimstead Church to attend the All Age Eucharist being taken by Gill instead of joining Sara at the Parish Eucharist in Winterslow. The reason for this was threefold - first of all, in completing my homework for LWL training, I wanted to chose a different service from last week, secondly, I thought it good to visit a different church in the Team and thirdly, it would give me an opportunity to observe a service taken by a licensed minister instead of an ordained one. The service lasted just 31 minutes with a congregation of 19. Very different to the services we experience in Winterslow. Even after a coffee and a chat afterward, I still had time to get to Winterslow and join the congregation there for another coffee and a chat. Adam and the children spent the morning spraying the fence. After a lunch of roast chicken, Sara and Tom took Adam to Heathrow Airport to catch his return flight to Bangkok. Mary and I went off on an eight and a half miles cycle ride through Bentley Wood and then across to West Tytherley where we stopped off for drinks at the Black Horse Inn. Back home I cooked us a seafood curry dish (Mary's without the curry). Sara returned back at around 9.15 p.m. I phoned Mum in Grimsby who is still suffering from her polymyalgia pain and feeling rather down. She is seeing the doctor again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment