Sunday, May 01, 2011

Back on the Golf Course

Another lovely sunny day. I went to church on my own this morning as Sara and the children found it hard to get up. Elizabeth gave another very good talk and service using a banana to show how it could be turned into a penguin to a few of the children to illustrate how something can seem incredible to those who are excluded from the secret. This was, of course, to illustrate how Doubting Thomas must have felt when excluded from Christ's appearance to the disciples after his crucifixion. I left the New Testaments I had bought at Spring Harvest in several of the pews and was delighted to see quite a few people reading them. Sara cooked an excellent Mediterranean style roasted lamb with roasted vegetables. This afternoon, Tom joined Richard and me in a half round of golf at Wilton. Tom played really well compared to the rather inconsistent play from Richard and myself. Tonight Richard and I spent an evening at the Lion's Head chewing the cud. Big day tomorrow for Saints. If they can beat Plymouth Argyle at Home Park tomorrow afternoon they are assured of promotion to the Championship. Nail-biting stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment