Thursday, May 12, 2011

An active day

The day started better than expected when a visit to Fat Fighters revealed that I had, very surprisingly, lost half a pound in weight. Not quite a restoration of the pound which I put on last week but a step in the right direction despite Chinese meals and trips to the Swindon Harvester – not to mention beers in the pub. Still need to lose a further 6.5 pounds to reach my golden target. This is likely to take ages unless I step up the exercise. With this in mind, Richard and I went to the Chandler’s Ford Golf Academy and hit 200 balls each on the driving range. We also played some chipping and had a meal of fish and chips and a pint of beer as part of a Groupon deal which Sara had managed to secure. Later this afternoon, I played tennis with Sophie before our House Group started. Felt like my left arm was going to drop off by the end of the day! Successful House Group this evening. Further study of the Book of Malachi with some very interesting personal discussions. We are lucky to have such a lovely group of people. Richard didn’t turn up tonight but not totally unexpected as he told me that he had quite a headache today and I am sure that hitting 200 golf balls didn’t help all that much. Adam went over to Romsey this evening to see an old friend, Kevin, who brought him back after House Group had finished. Kevin was fascinated with Titanic and so we talked a little about maritime history and the fact that his grandfather had been on the RMS Queen Mary. To bed tonight feeling a little achy after all that exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment