Friday, May 06, 2011

Busy Day; Stormy Evening

An incredibly busy morning today starting with Ambassadors' Breakfast Club at the Grasmere Hotel where, instead of my normal pitch, I made a plea for support for Sara's calendar. Then it was over to Alderbury to support the opening of that church's Coffee Shop where I had another cup of coffee and lovely chats with Alison and Elizabeth. I then dashed up to Barry's Field where Sara was hosting a Calendar Fund Raising Event with the Friday Art Group - another cup of coffee! From there it was then on to the Rectory for a meeting with Nils as part of my Selection Conference preparation. Nils was ten minute late (he had already forewarned that he might be) so I found myself having ten minutes to read my daily devotionals and gather my thoughts before our meeting. I was coffeed out by the time our meeting started so declined another cup of coffee. Nils was very encouraging and I feel that the wobbles I had earlier this week were very unjustified although they do help, perversely, in getting my mind clearer on what I am embarking upon. I left feeling quite uplifted and more confident. I picked up Adam from home and we met up with Richard for a beer and a bowl of chips at the Lord Nelson where Sara was serving behind the bar. We agreed that we, together with James, would form a Quiz Team for the Pub Quiz at the Lion's Head on Sunday evening. Adam and I spent the afternoon shopping at the Cash n' Carry, Tesco's, Staples and Lidl's. He was able to get many of the things requested by his friends in Thailand. Tonight we had a BBQ but the weather, as expected, broke and tonight the sky was rent by a very strong electrical storm with constant lightning and thunder and torrential rain. This went on throughout the night. Hopefully it will be a bit better in the morning as we have a party to go to at St. Mary's - to celebrate Southampton FC's promotion to the Championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment