Monday, May 09, 2011

Visiting Family in Swindon

Sara woke me with a cup of tea this morning. I was still feeling tired and had little incentive to get up! However, I was up and working in the study by 9.30 a.m. Sara and Adam went into Salisbury for some essential shopping for Adam and I spent the morning dealing with correspondence and paying bills as well as mowing the front lawn. I had a light salad lunch and at 1.45 p.m. Sophie came over for our pre-arranged game of tennis at the Village Hall. It was great to have a tennis partner during the daytime when the court is relatively free and we spent a pleasant hour knocking the ball backwards and forwards - neither of us particularly skilled but producing some extra exercise which I certainly needed. After Tom arrived back at school, I drove us all to Swindon to meet up with Sara and Adam's niece and family at a Harvesters just north of the town and conveniently situated on the road between Salisbury and Worcester. We spent a very enjoyable three hours chatting and eating together. This was the first time Adam had met his niece in over 25 years so there was much to talk about. tom and Mary got on very well with the children and Tom remarked how it was nice to have family whom he could also relate to as friends. A nice sentiment. We took some family group photos and Adam presented some gifts from Thailand before we left. A really pleasant evening and one which I am sure all will remember with affection.

No comments:

Post a Comment