Friday, May 13, 2011

Two wins for Mary; Calendar Girls shoot begins

Sara brought tea and some paracetamol up to me as I was feeling a little “headachy” and certainly aching in my limbs. It was the day of Sara’s real photo shoot at Wilton House and so after taking Mary to school she set off for the first picture for the Calendar. Despite my aching upper limbs, I decided to continue my exercise regime by cycling to Buckholt and back (a total of six miles) much of which was uphill. It took me about an hour and on my return, after a refreshing shower, I cooked myself a grilled breakfast of bacon, tomatoes and scrambled eggs. Adam spent the morning studying on his laptop but our Internet connection started causing problems and the Orange Network seems to have gone down. Sara returned from the shoot and she and Adam went to the Lord Nelson. I joined them later restricting my drinking to a pint of lime and soda which I drank with a plate of whitebait for lunch. This afternoon I did some work on the laptop and also had a power nap – I was feeling quite tired. Later I found an old Liverpool student friend of mine on Facebook who studied law with me and who is now an ordained Baptist Minister running a small Baptist Church with his ordained wife in the heart of the Lake District. They also run a retreat there. I have sent him a message on Facebook and look forward to hearing from him. It doesn’t surprise me that he became ordained as he was quite instrumental in me joining the Christian Union in Liverpool and I have thought about him quite a lot recently in reviewing my spiritual journey for the Selection Conference next month. Strangely, as I type this, he has just responded! Tonight we all went to the Greyhound Racing at Poole. As usual Mary was the only winner (she picked out two winners) although her winning tonight only amounted to 2.60 GBP. Still she still retains the Midas touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment