Thursday, May 05, 2011

A Black Day

No, it wasn't a good day - put on a pound in weight at Fat Fighters this morning much to the delight of most of the women (Sara included) who said that I must be human at last. The new members couldn't understand why a great cheer went up when it was revealed that I had put on weight!! It seems that my putting on weight is the greatest incentive these women can have. Sad! Sara managed to stay the same weight. After the weigh-in (I didn't really want to stick around), Sara and I drove to Andover to visit the bank and deal with the last bits of documentation necessary to open The Winterslow Calendar Girls bank account with the HSBC. That completed, we stopped off for a coffee at Cafe Nero and also visited Iceland to do some grocery shopping. I skipped lunch today and spent the afternoon cleaning and tidying up the family room ready for Adam's visit. At 5 p.m. Sara drove off to London Heathrow Airport with Mary and I prepared for the House Group. We had a good attendance tonight despite Sara and Paul being absent. I started the evening, after prayers, with an Old Testament card game I had devised to test people's existing knowledge of that part of the Bible followed by watching a DVD of the first of Gerard Kelly's bible studies at Spring Harvest on the Book of Malachi. By the time the DVD had finished we had little time for further discussion so will hold that over until next week. James stayed behind for a glass of wine and met Adam who arrived shortly after the House Group had finished. He was laden with goodies from Thailand including two bottle of rather intoxicating-looking Thai rum! I didn't get to bed, finally, until nearly 1 a.m. with a very busy morning ahead of me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment