Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Building Work Commences

The builders arrived early this morning and started to clear away the vegetation at the back of the garage and dug the footings for the extension.  a skip was also delivered which now sits on our drive where my car is usually parked.  I have had to move my car into the layby in the close.  Sara went into Wilton to view the first Calendar photos at the photographers and came home very briefly before going on to the Lord Nelson where she was serving a group of doctors before going down to Poole to observe a wedding makeover being done in preparation for one she is doing herself shortly.  Peter arrived later this morning to supervise the building works and he and I went to the Lord Nelson for a spot of lunch before he returned to Hove.  I spent most of today sorting through paperwork and paying bills.  I have made quite good inroads into all the papers on my desk which I gathered up, put in a large box and which I am now going through with a view to actioning, filing or destroying them.  I picked up Mary from school this afternoon and attended a short briefing session about Mary's forthcoming trip away to the activity centre at Fairthorne on the Solent.  This evening, Tom and I joined Richard in  a game of golf at Wilton and the inevitable pint of beer (coca cola in Tom's case) at the Lord Nelson (again!).  Feel I have achieved quite a bit today but still quite a bit to do on the paperwork front.  I'll be up early tomorrow for Morning Prayer and yet more paperwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment