Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The cost of motoring

Another busy day. This time I did take my car in for its service on the right day and was given an A150 Class Mercedes in return. It also proved to be an extremely expensive day. Not only did I have to pay for the cost of the major service but, also, new brake pads and shoes. I could have bought another car, I think, for the cost of the garage bill. I attended Mid-Week Eucharist at St. John's this morning whilst Sara was working up at Morning Star. I ate a light salad lunch and this afternoon did some work for a client who is facing disciplinary action at her work as a nursery carer. That done, I picked up Adam from Grateley where he was returning following his night away in Nottingham. This evening I attended the second of the Lay Worship Leaders' course sessions at Sarum College which was taken by Nils and Jane Charman. Jane was an excellent tutor and I really enjoyed the session. If this is a foretaste of the LLM training course I really look forward to it. We analysed our homework from last week and talked about the persona of a public minister. So much to learn. In a way, I shall regret it if I don't complete the course because of the LLM training and hope that I will be able to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment